For connecting an IO-Link extension hub or IO-Link valve island connector
Flexible use for greater efficiency
Balluff IO-Link sensor hubs have eight ports for 16 inputs/outputs, which allow input/output information to be transported variably within a radius of up to 20 m. The efficiency of these ports increases with the greater flexibility provided by the seventh socket of the new IO-Link sensor/actuator hubs, which have multiple uses.
The extension port up close
In the default setting, the extension port is configured as a digital input/output socket and pins 2 and 4 can be used as digital inputs or outputs.
The 8th port can be configured as an extension port by means of a parameter entry. A second IO-Link extension hub or an IO-Link valve island connector can now be connected. Additional inputs/outputs can be connected to the second hub, extending the surrounding radius by up to a further 20 m. The „range” is doubled and costs are reduced considerably.
Even lower costs
As with all IO-Link sensor hubs, the new variants can be installed at low cost, allowing you to save even more money. These savings come from a reduction in the amount of hardware used and in the overall complexity of the wiring and testing.
In addition, the system can be up and running in seconds by simply plugging in unshielded, four-wire standard cables. Overall, that equates to a 40 to 50% reduction in costs.
- Simple wiring using four-wire sensor cable (up to 20 m)
- Extension port: Connects an IO-Link extension hub or three different options of IO-Link valve island connectors
- High total cost savings
Additional inputs/outputs can be processed via the extension port on the IO-Link sensor/actuator hub and further savings can be made.
- 31 Oct 2013PF IO-Link Profile for Micropulse Transducer BTL6Simple to configure, time-saving to install and bring into operation Contactless posit...
- 27 Sep 2016IO-Link sensor/actuator hub with extension portFor connecting an IO-Link extension hub or IO-Link valve island connector Flexible use for greater e...
- 11 Iul 2014BES Inductive Sensor with IO-LinkThe new inductive sensors BES with adjustable switching distance via IO-Link provide simple and easy...
- 08 Feb 2016Industry 4.0 – the fourth industrial revolutionBalluff is the heartbeat of Industry 4.0 The availability of all relevant information in real time,...
- 20 Iun 2013BVS-E identification vision sensorsEasily and reliably read a large number of codes If you want to reliably check the identification of...